Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Amazing Political Acumen of Family Feud (JM)

Amazing, amazing, amazing. While waiting for my girlfriend to get out of the shower I happened to put on the Family Feud. The category was "Which presidential candidate seems most presidential?" One team buzzed in and answered "George Washington". All I thought was, let the entertainment begin...

The following answers were given: Ronald Reagan (which given how often his name comes up is not terribly inaccurate), Jefferson? (Which may have been the best moment, as John O'Hurley asks, "Not that it matters, but which Jefferson?" The answer: "I don't know, isn't it George?"), and David... Sometimes democracy scares the crap out of me.

The following was the answer list down the line: Hillary 46; Giuliani 28; Obama 16; Thompson 5; McCain 4; Romney 1. First of all, poor Edwards. Also Thompson beats McCain? Anyway, I think really all this tells us is that the Family Feud primary maybe shouldn't set the tone for the rest of the nation.

Also... President George Jefferson... that's too inexpressibly wonderful for words.

1 comment:

Dan Murphy said...

I stuck around for the next segment and the category was "Things You Get Filled". Answer: Candy Dish... No Child Left Behind my ass.

Also new Dowd posting tomorrow.