Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bizarre Celebrity Endorsements (JM)

So on the subway this morning I was thinking and realized I have one mission: find out who "Weird" Al Yankovic endorsed for president. I mean forget the Oprah factor... "Weird" Al could write bad parodies of songs you haven't heard in 15 years about John McCain (or perhaps the John Mayer song "Bold As Love" would become "Old As Glove). Anyyyyyyyway... I couldn't find anything about the man and his interest in politics. I did, however, find a few choice celebrity endorsements.

Ralph Macchio: The original Karate Kid is supporting Barack Obama. It's possible that he believes Hopementum will revive is his career. It is equally possible that he just wants to meet Scarlett Johansson.

Rip Torn: The man with the greatest name in Hollywood (seriously, his first name is a verb and his second an adjective describing an object upon which that verb has taken place) has endorsed John McCain. Say what you will about Huck's crowd, McCain's got Brimley and the man who played Z in Men in Black. Not too shabby.

Pat Sajak: Wheel of Fortune host has endorsed Sen. Fred Thompson. Somehow this is totally perfect. I imagine Fred, sitting in a big ole' comfy chair watching Wheel thinking, "I endorse you too Pat Sajak, I endorse you too."

Arlo Guthrie: The truth is the man is still pissed about getting arrested for littering one Thanksgiving Day. His hatred of the police state is so high that he has chosen to endorse Ron Paul.

Anyway, these are just a few of the many wacky endorsements I have found. But seriously, if any of you find out who got the "Weird" Al nod, please let me know.

No comments: