Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Fervently Dislike Claire McCaskill and Philadelphia (JM)

The title pretty much says it all, and it's not surprising either given that rarely does a month go by without one more reason to dislike her. But here she is in all of her inane glory again:

McCaskill: Obama the first black leader to “come to the American people not as a victim, but rather as a leader.”
What a profoundly silly thing to say about every black leader in the history of America. I truly wish people would stop referring to her as a person who is the future of the party. I wish she'd switch parties, I really do, then I would feel way more comfortable with my hatred for her and her voting record would make more sense. Sigh... oh well at least Obama's grandmother is a "typical white person" according to an interview with him on Philly Sports Talk Radio. By the by, can anyone imagine a more hilarious place for an intense political discussion than Philadelphia sports radio?

Host: Caller, do you have a question for Senator Obama?

Len from Doylestown: Yeah, I have a question. Even if the Mets got Santana, they still suck, they're a bunch of $%*#ing chokers, Reyes can suck on it, Philly rules!

Obama: Well, that's not really a question, but I think we need to look to bring the people of America together, instead of focusing on the divisiveness of the past.

Host: Good question caller, don't forget Wright also sucks. Alright next caller, we've got Vinny from Camden.

::sounds of whispering::

Host: Oh, we have 17 different Vinnys from Camden? Alright, well just pick one!

Vinny from Camden: Ayyyyy!

Host: Hey Vinny! What's up?

Vinny from Camden: E-A-G-L-E-S!

Obama: Well Vinny, I will tell you this, there's no such thing as false hope.

(Quotes via Mark Halperin)

No comments: